Code and the Coding Coders who Code it
Jeremy Smith has been designing and building web applications since 1998 and has worked with Ruby on Rails since 2009. Jeremy was also my unofficial, and completely accidental, conference buddy. We went to all the same in person conferences this year. He joins the show to talk about building successful web apps by your lonesome, solving really complex background job workflows, and spills the beans on a new regional Ruby Conference he's planning, Blue Ridge Ruby!
- @jeremysmithco on Twitter
- @firstname.lastname@example.org on Mastodon
- Solo: Building Successful Web Apps By Your Lonesome at RubyConf Mini
- Solo: Building Successful Web Apps By Your Lonesome slides
- Fair Queuing
- Sidekiq: Really Complex Workflows with Batches
- Everyone Can Build a Twitter Audience course by Daniel Vassallo
- Black Magic by Tony Dinh
Ready to start your own podcast?
This show is hosted on Buzzsprout and it's awesome, not to mention a Ruby on Rails application. Let Buzzsprout know we sent you and you'll get a $20 Amazon gift card if you sign up for a paid plan, and it helps support our show.
A big thanks to OBLSK for being the very first sponsor of the show!